Chromataphor Chromataphor

Guitar sounds pretty rad, reminds me of Risk of Rain. I gave it a 4.5, because I thought the background could be a bit more vocal and apparent, and the song sounds a *bit* too trebel-ey for my taste.

Otherwise, nice job!

gcalvert responds:

I don't know what Risk of Rain is, but thank you! lol

Could you be more specific about what in the background was "too quiet"? Was it the drums or what?

And yes, my guitar tone was pretty high-heavy during this period lol

Banjo Kazooie Intro 8bit Remix Banjo Kazooie Intro 8bit Remix

I can hear it by ear, it's definitely just a GXSCC MIDI conversion. Sounds alright, but not original at all.

Brinstar (8-Bit) Brinstar (8-Bit)

Is this all tb_Peach? anywho, it sounds ok. Some of the notes were a bit too high for the square stacatto, but overall it was pretty ok.

Nostalgia Nostalgia

4.5/5. Sounds really relaxing, and has a nice tone to it! I can see it being used in a puzzle, or concentration game of some sort. I like the parts where the secondary parts drain out, and the melody turns into a trance, it was a really nice transition. Though, the high-pitched trance a bit after sounds a bit too high-pitched for my liking. Nice job though, and cool stuff!~

ThomasTimms responds:

Thanks for the positivity. I can understand what you're saying about the high pitched-ness. I was trying to go for that big house feel with the synths.

We Move On We Move On

I want to say I like where you were going, but the repetitive and cheap piano sounds made it pretty boring. For the most part, it sounded like basic Midi keys. I kind of liked the beat though, and the drums sounded pretty nice. 3.5/5.

FortressLord responds:

FL Keys sound kind of cheap however many effects are over them, so I totally get that. BUT I'll be making a more synth-driven track soon that will also (hopefully) be less repetitive.
Thanks for the review.

SSBB AllStar Resting Area SSBB AllStar Resting Area

4.5/5, really nice work man! I can imagine this playing in a Kirby game, for some reason. Though, it's probably due to the chime/bell melody, that really resembles the instruments used in Amazing Mirror, RTD, etc. Good job!

TravisGladue responds:

Thank you, I hope you look forward to my new uploads in the future.

Condecendingg Condecendingg

3.5/5. I like the heavy thrash feel, but it most definitely isn't jazz; if you couldn't tell already.

Yo Alpha Yo Alpha

As much as this sounds like a wonky drug trip, I actually really enjoy it. The aurora and tone it presents are quite pleasant, and relaxing to listen to. It also reminded me a bit of the Beatles ( some of their earlier work ). Nice job! 4/5.

Jean-Raymond responds:

Hey thanks for your appreciation, i'm pleased to know young people will stop drug by thinking "hey dude i got a wonky trip whithout shooting myself whith mushies or weird stuffs, and it's really cheaper, i just gotta download that freely on newgrounds ! wow dude world seems to be so much brightful now !"
thank again ! ))

About myself About myself

Hey man, excellent presentation. Love your voices, and I would definitely recommend you to anybody who needs/wants work (since I talk to a lot of game-makers, developers, etc). Nice work, and I can't wait to see more material coming from you.

Lunarscythe responds:

Thanks man, glad you thought so! I appreciate the feedback and confidence boost :D

Highway Highway

I like the triangle/Saws from the melody, but some of the FX are a bit of an earsore. Pretty jammin, though.

AtomicAgeVampire138 responds:

Yeah, I'll probably resample the crash - at home it didn't sound so grating, but listening to it with headphones is headache inducing.

Thanks for the review!